From now on, people could exchange information in the blink of an eye. We can do lots of things online today, for example, instant communication or video chatting. The later was especially handy in terms of studying. How to sign a successful contract? How to get a dream job without coming out? What do you need to know to become a music critic? You will learn everything if you study online! Nowadays to become one who studies at the prestigious world university, is no need to worry about visa and recommendations from teachers. It is enough to have the internet connection and a willingness to learn!
There are thousands of courses in numerous disciplines nowadays. It is especially convenient to study foreign languages, economics, biology, history, social science, psychology online. For a small fee or even for free, you can get a certificate which will confirm your listener status. In addition, some functions and possibilities of the Internet make it possible for the implementation of active learning environment that encourages students to solve their problems and make decisions independently, becoming communicators.
Online education is too widespread nowadays, so if you still hesitate between starting a new course or do not waste time for it, the information below would be useful for you.
There are some proper reasons to study online. Therefore, when you are doing it, you might be:
- A time lord. The course tasks are available at any moment. So students are able to decide in which way to take this course by themselves;
- Not glued to your desk, because the courses are available from any part of the world (with access to the Internet). Please, sit down in your cozy armchair and get your knowledge;
- A master of your knowledge and skills, according to a flexible organization of educational process. Any educational subject has got more simple and more complex sections. Online training allows the teacher to concentrate on the more difficult sections of the course, stating simple pieces for self-study;
- Good at modern technologies. Online courses enable use in learning all means of multimedia, animation, video, sound, and color. This provides a material visibility for teaching and allows you to use most of the mechanisms of perception;
- A family budget keeper. You want to get some additional skills, but don’t want to lose huge sums of money:
- Keen on self-education:
- A professional dancer even if you are fifty. You are highly motivated and sure that extra knowledge is suited to any age and would be useful for everyone.
According to The New York Times, the 2012th was a year of public and free online education. In 2012 a few influential educational platforms were launched. They outlined a new trend towards democratization and virtualization of education. It caused a lot of discussions about how quickly the traditional education system exhaust itself, faced with a serious competitor.
The online education system has its drawbacks. The percentage of completion programs is quite low. This is partly due to the fact that this process requires some personal discipline. Also, online education is generally not recognized by the official institutions.
If you are ready to waste your time for self-improvement, you are tired of boring lectures, but you are a self-motivated person and you are interested in the creation of a solid background or you have already finished your education unless you want to learn something new, online study is for you.